EIGE’s Resources and Documentation Centre (RDC) is undergoing a transformation to better address the needs of its users. After more than eleven successful years, the Resource and Documentation Centre will further develop its knowledge management dimensions.
For EIGE’s library, this transformation means that EIGE will donate a large number of books from its collection to Vilnius University library. Resources are now available to a wider audience than ever before, giving the public a chance to learn more about gender equality.
Our online catalogue will move to collaboration with other European projects. This means moving on from metadata searches in EIGE’s website. Investigation is ongoing for EIGE to participate in as a contributor of gender equality knowledge to projects with a similar purpose. Collections from 19 libraries and documentation centres across Europe are still accessible online through our online portal, with more than 800,000 resources available.
EIGE would like to thank the 19 RDC partners who shared the resources for their commitment and contributions to the project:
- Amazone crossroads gender equality, in Brussels
- Ariadne - Women’s Studies Documentation Centre at the Austrian National Library
- Atria – Institute on Gender Equality and Women’s History in Amsterdam
- Biblioteca delle Donne – The Italian Women’s Library in Bologna
- Cedefop - European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training
- CID | Fraen an Gender – Information and documentation centre for women and gender issues in Luxembourg
- Commission for Citizenship and Gender Equality of Portugal
- Eureka - Library of the General Secretariat of the Council of the EU
- European Commission Library and e-Resources Centre
- ETUI - European Trade Union Institute (EU Social Partner)
- Eurofound - The European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions
- Institute for Women and Equal Opportunities of Spain
- Gender Library of the Centre for Transdisciplinary Gender Studies at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Gender studies - Library from Czechia
- Genport - Community sourced Internet Portal on gender and science.
- KVINFO – The Danish Centre for Research and Information on Gender, Equality and Diversity
- KvinnSam – National Resource Library for Gender Studies at Gothenburg University
- Library on Gender and Equality and Historical Archive of the Greek General Secretariat for Family Policy and Gender Equality
- Women's Library of the London School of Economics and Political Science
Finally, as of 1 September 2022, the ‘Eurogender’ platform will close down. In light of the wide availability of more innovative on-line collaboration tools and channels, EIGE will continue to serve its stakeholders via its website and social media channels. Please follow our website and social media accounts to stay connected with what is new at EIGE. EIGE’s website will be renewed in first quarter of 2023.