COVID-19, Women and Governments
The Department of Gender and Sexualities at the University of Malta is organising a free webinar on Women and COVID. The main objective of this webinar is to bring together researchers located in different countries to discuss how COVID-19 has affected women.
The aim of this discussion is to delineate the impact the first wave has had on women’s lives, and the issues we would like our respective governments and supranational entities such as the EU, the Council of Europe and the United Nations to tackle in the immediate future.
Each speaker will speak for 8 minutes.
Here is the confirmed line-up of speakers so far:
- Prof. Louise Morley, Professor of Education, from the School of Education and Social Work, University of Sussex
- Dr Angelika Sjöstedt, from the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, Mid Sweden University
- Dr Fiona Buckley, from the Department of Government & Politics, University College Cork
- Dr Iris Laurasi, from GREVIO, Council of Europe
- Dr Antonella Berry-Brincat, Consultant Ophtalmologist from NHS in the UK
- Prof. Susan Hirsch, from the School for Conflict Analysis and Resolution, George Mason University