EU agencies focus on diversity and inclusion
Today the heads of the nine EU Justice and Home Affairs (JHA) agencies came together to discuss the EU’s New Strategic Agenda 2021 – 2024, cooperation efforts and ways to strengthen diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
To further their commitment, the agencies have signed a formal engagement to champion equality and ensure equal opportunities for all staff members while embracing their diversity.
The common statement highlights the importance of an inclusive corporate culture and strong diversity values to increase staff engagement and cohesion. The statement focuses on promoting:
- Inclusive corporate culture;
- Strengthened diversity;
- Corporate awareness of fundamental rights and equal opportunities;
- Countering discriminatory behaviour.
The nine agencies members of the JHA Agencies Network are:
- European Asylum Support Office (EASO);
- European Border and Coast Guard Agency (Frontex);
- European Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE);
- European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA);
- European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA);
- European Union Agency for Law Enforcement Cooperation (Europol);
- European Union Agency for Law Enforcement Training (CEPOL);
- European Union Agency for the Operational Management of Large-Scale IT Systems in the Area of Freedom, Security and Justice (eu-LISA);
- European Union Judicial Cooperation Unit (EUROJUST).