Training for professionals (2010 - 2011)
Within the ESF Project "Dignity for Domestic Violence Survivors" a training for professionals who come into contact with
women escaping or living with domestic violence (police, legal, health, educational professionals, social workers,
public service employment advisors) was organised.
The project is made up of a number of components, and some components have already been concluded.
- the organsiation of an international visit by professionals to a domestic violence shelter in the Czech Republic;
- the carrying out of a nationwide research study on ‘the prevalence of domestic violence against women in Malta
and its impact on employment prospects’; and
- the organisation of specialised training for various professionals who come in contact with domestic violence victims/survivors.
Aims and objectives
This EU-funded project will contribute towards the capacity building of personnel
working with vulnerable groups in order to increase social cohesion.
This would include work on empowerment of the victims,
enabling them towards effective participation, inclusion and well-being.
Inclusion into the labour market will ensure that victims living with/escaping
from domestic violence are able to better contribute to the general wealth of
society while enhancing their dignity and financial independence.
This project will also aim at building networks among NGOs and other agencies,
to share best practices and experiences.
Project aims at providing:
- investment in the social structure pertaining to domestic violence through training/ sensitising of professionals in the field of DV, as well as raising general public awareness
- This will in turn have a positive impact on the employability of the project’s vulnerable
target groups–Domestic Violence Survivors
Government of Malta - Ministry for Justice, Dialogue and the Family
Stakeholder, Firstname: Commission on Domestic Violence
Nr of beneficiaries: professional
Nuts code: 3