The collection presents projects and initiatives that have been implemented in the area of gender equality in the region.
The projects range from the empowerment of rural women to e-modules of gender-sensitive programs for civil servants. Many of these examples of good practice have been implemented in close cooperation with civil society, the private sector and governments and serve as an example of lessons learnt from the region.
The examples were drafted by the IPA beneficiaries themselves and were edited by EIGE, following EIGE’s shortlisted criteria for good practices on the EU level.
Bosnia and Herzegovina
- National Action Plan on Resolution of United Nations Security Council (UNSCR) Women, Peace and Security
- Regional Network of Gender Institutional Mechanisms
- Tax-free registration of joint property on behalf of both spouses
- Local level coordination mechanisms against domestic violence
- Gender Mainstreaming E-Module for Civil Servants
- Embedding a gender perspective in strategic planning policies
- VAW Policy making and monitoring mechanisms at national and local levels
- Integration of administrative records in combating VAW
- Women in Business (initiative of the EU Delegation)
*This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo Declaration of Independence.