Intersectoral Approaches and Actions
At the conference ‘Eliminating Violence against Women in Europe — Intersectoral Approaches and Actions’, which took place in Vienna on 25 and 26 November 2013, more than 200 participants from 42 countries and from a large variety of backgrounds discussed approaches to combating gender-based violence (GBV).
In what follows, the main findings, arguments and points of discussion that were presented and articulated during the conference are presented. The following key areas will be covered:
- data collection on GBV;
- measuring the costs ofviolence;
- female genital mutilation (FGM);
- national policies on combating GBV;
- intersectoral approaches to combating GBV; and
- GBV in the context of the economic crisis.