On the International Day of the Girl* and with the support of Erasmus+, we have the honor and pleasure to invite you to participate in our International Conference about Girl*’s and young women*’s empowerment: Strength - Courage - Solidarity.
This conference's aim is to share the findings of our empowerment project, initiate social change, and encourage the formation of Girls* Empowerment Centers in other cities and countries.
Our project’s goal is to enhance the participation of girls* and young women in their role as engaged citizens in all spheres of social, public and economic life. We believe that empowerment and primary violence prevention play a key role.
At the conference we will discuss the following issues:
- theory and practice of girl*’s and young women*’s empowerment as a tool for gender equality
- intersectional perspective in empowerment work
- how to open and run girl*’s empowerment centres
- how to implement empowerment education for girls* and young women*
- how to be an empowerment educator
- recommendations and standards for policies and decision-makers.
- Introduction Speech
- Courage Matters: why progress needs brave female leaders
- Sylwia Spurek - Ambassador of Autonomia; member of European Parliament Girls Empowerment Center, Group of the Greens / European Free Alliance, vice-chair of the Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality EP
- Why we need empowerment education and spaces for girl*’s and young women*’s empowerment.
- Ewa Rutkowska - member of the Board of Autonomia Foundation and Antidiscrimination Education Society empowerment, anti-discrimination trainer and expert, teacher, author of reports and publications on equality and education.
- Catriona Graham - Policy and Campaigns Officer // European Women's Lobby
- Marlize Andre - representing WIDE+ network
- Presentation of project results
- Operating model for Girls Empowerment Centers
- Empowerment Education Curriculum for girls* and young women*
- Competence model and training program for empowerment educators for girls* and young women*
- Model of Girls* Empowerment – Standards and Recommendations
- Bianca Strzeja
- Good practices on the national level: The Contact and Coordination office for work with girls in the state of Brandenburg (KuKMA).
- Girl*’ and young women’s* voices
- Exhibition: WHY WE NEED NEW HEROINES. WAVE has just published a 28-page brochure with cartoons by female artists, who imagined and presented their vision of an inspirational role model, the character of a Shero – a female hero, a role model who is an agent of positive change in society.
Organiser's contact details
info/press: Hind Acil, Garance asbl; email@example.com