Power Up conference 2019
About the Conference
New research from EIGE examines how structures, budgets and the status allocated to gender equality and gender mainstreaming work have changed over the past 10 years. As a new European Parliament and Commission get ready to begin their mandate and the EU's seven-year budget nears finalisation, we believe it is time to talk about how to secure a renewed commitment for gender equality.
Together with Member States, the European Commission, European Parliament, civil society, social partners and academia, we want to discuss how the EU can fulfil its legal and political commitments to gender equality.
If you need additional information regarding the conference, please contact email@example.com
- Florence Ranson, EU affairs strategist; spokesperson, media relations specialist
09:00–09:20 Welcome and introduction
- Reijo Kemppinen, Director-General Communication and Information, General Secretariat of the Council
- Virginija Langbakk, Director, European Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE)
09:20–10:50 Session 1: The future of gender equality: what are the goals and challenges for gender mainstreaming?
Irena Moozova, Director for Equality, European Commission.
- Evelyn Regner, Chair of the Women’s Rights and Gender Equality Committee (FEMM), European Parliament
- Maria Stratigaki, Researcher, Gender Equality Expert, Politician
- Dagmar Schumacher, Director, UN Women Brussels Office
- Mara Marinaki, Ambassador, EEAS Principal Advisor on Gender and Women, Peace and Security
10:50–11:15 Tea/Coffee break
11:15–13:00 Session 2: Mainstreaming gender in all policy areas: how to effectively integrate gender equality into the post-2020 EU strategy?
Rosa Monteiro, Rosa Monteiro, Secretary of State of Citizenship and Equality, Portugal
- Katarina Ivanković-Knežević, Director for Social Affairs, European Commission
- Alexandra Geese, Member of Committee on Budgets (BUDG), European Parliament
- Esther Lynch, Deputy General Secretary, ETUC
- Eugenia Migliori, Principal Policy Adviser, CBI
14:15–16:00 Session 3: What is the impact of changing budgets and structures for gender equality?
Barbara Limanowska, Programme Coordinator - Gender Mainstreaming, EIGE
- Saila Ruuth, State Secretary to the Minister of Social Affairs and Health, Finland
- Ana Sofia Fernandes, Vice-President, European Women’s Lobby
- Maria Vazquez Sellán, Deputy Director General for Studies, the Spanish Institute of Women and For Equal Opportunities
16:00–16:30 Closing remarks
Saila Ruuth, State Secretary to the Minister of Social Affairs and Health, Finland
Maruša Gortnar, Head of Operations, EIGE
The conference will take place on 19 November from 09:00–16:30 in the Europa Building, Rue de la Loi 155, 1000 Brussels.View the map.
Please be aware that to access the building, there is a tight security check. For a smooth start, you are encouraged to arrive at the venue at 8:15 am for registration.