Monitoring the phenomenon of domestic violence
Reports on implementation of the National Program Against Domestic Violence, prepared annually by the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy and accepted by the Sejm include data on:
a.Infrastructure of institutions assisting victims of domestic violence (e.g. open 24-hours and specialist support centers, homes for mothers with small children and pregnant women, crisis intervention centers)
b.Form of aid to the victims of violence (crisis intervention and support round the clock, in that given to children, disabled, people over 60 , and other forms of assistance - including assistance in obtaining social housing, treatment programs, the number of filled up "Blue Card" etc.
c.Types of activities addressed to the perpetrators of violence - interventions, including isolation of the perpetrators and victims, an eviction from the premises, participation in correctional educational programms.
Reports for the years 2006-2010 are available on the page: http://www.mpips.gov.pl/przemoc-w-rodzinie/sprawozdania-z-realizacji-kra....
Ministry of Labour and Social policy commissions every year research on the phenomenon of domestic violence in Poland. The 2007 study concerned nationwide diagnosis of domestic violence, 2008 study - violence against children, the 2009 study - domestic violence against the elderly and disabled, in 2010 - domestic violence against women and men, and in 2011 - perpetrators of domestic violence.
1. Reports for the years 2007-2011 are available at: http://www.mpips.gov.pl/przemoc-w-rodzinie/diagnoza-zjawiska-przemocy-w-...
2. Statistics gathered by the Ministry of Justice are available at: http://bip.ms.gov.pl/pl/dzialalnosc/statystyki/statystyki-2011/
3. Police statistics are available at: http://www.statystyka.policja.pl/portal/st/944/50863/Przemoc_w_rodzinie....
4. Statistics from the State Agency for Prevention of Alcohol Related Problems are available at:: http://www.parpa.pl.
5. Statistics and report from researches conducted by “Blue Line” are available at: http://www.niebieskalinia.pl/index.php?assign=statystyki.
Aims and objectives
Monitoring of domestic violence is carried out by several ministries
1. Ministry of Labour and Social Policy prepares annually and submit to the Parliament a report on the implementation of the National Program Against Domestic Violence for the period 2006-2016.
2. Ministry of Justice shall draw up statistics on crime, including crimes of domestic violence (Article 207 of the Criminal Code) and other crimes that take place in the family.
3. Police Headquarters collects data on police interventions related to domestic violence.
4. The State Agency for Prevention of Alcohol Related Problems - collects data annually on the implementation of programs for the prevention and solving alcohol related problems, including data on violence in alcoholic families, and has database nationwide movement of people, organizations and institutions supporting victims of domestic violence “Blue line” (PARPA) and Database of phone calls in Nationwide Emergency Service for Victims of Domestic Violence “Blue Line” (PARPA)
5. Data bases and reports from researches conducted by Nationwide Emergency Service for Victims of Domestic Violence “Blue Line” (IPZ)
General Police Headquarters, Ministry of Labour and Social Policy, Ministry of Justice, The State Agency for Prevention of Alcohol Related Problems
Stakeholder, Firstname: Marzena
Stakeholder, Family name: Bartosiewicz
Nuts code: PL