Description of the contract
The European Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE) envisages awarding a low-value contract to support the update of its current gender sensitive communication toolkit by evolving it into a guide offering inclusive language and communication approaches.
Description of the requested services
The tenderer is asked to do the following:
- Discuss current language and communication trends and tools in the context of gender equality.
- Update out-of-date language not in current use and replace with a range of contemporary examples of gender-inclusive language to capture both usability and flexibility for all lived realities.
- Offer a variety of hope-based communication approaches and best practices. This should include examples in a variety of contexts such as supporting communicators promoting gender equality with tools and techniques which assist them to communicate effectively in complex settings i.e. high level political meetings.
- Bring a step-by-step process to using language and communication approaches by understanding both the problem and the solution in equal measure.
- Ensure the guide is not prescriptive but adaptive to situational contexts and can be adjusted as necessary.
- The language and communication approaches should not inadvertently encourage users to self-censor and perpetuate the fear of the ‘cancel culture’ phenomenon. The approaches should stimulate, not stifle discourse.
- The language and communication approaches must maintain a sense of openness to instil agency and autonomy in the user to use as they see fit.
- Reflect upon the dynamic nature of language and communication approaches and how to remain relevant in a fast-moving environment.
Description of the procedure
This ex-ante publicity is the first stage of the negotiated procurement procedure through which EIGE may award the above-mentioned contract.
All parties interested in providing the services described above should express their interest 400 words maximum, by e-mail, to email@example.com with the subject reference: EIGE/2023/OPER/06, before 22 June 2023 12:00 Vilnius time.
Economic operators who do not express their interest before the deadline and to the address above will not be invited to submit an offer. The latter restriction will not apply to the minimum of three economic operators directly invited by EIGE.
Tender documents will be sent by e-mail.
This publication constitutes no obligation for EIGE to launch the mentioned procurement procedure.
We look forward to receiving your declaration of interest.