Gender Mainstreaming in Practice: A Handbook
The hanbook provides 10 steps to integrating gender into the policy-making process,such assetting the agenda, mapping the situation, evaluation, monitoring and communication. it also discusses a sectoral appraoch to gender mainstreaming in the following sectors:
- macroeconomics and trade;
- governance and participation;
- justice and huma rights;
- science, research and ICT;
- mass media;
- environment and sustainable development;
- defence, peace-building and post-conflict solutions.
Among other features the hanbook explicitly guides through thetools of gender analysis and presents a glossary of key terms and concepts for gender mainstreaming.