Awareness raising campaign “You are not the only one. You are not alone!” "Δεν είσαι μόνη! Δεν είσαι η μόνη!"
It provides for the development of 5 types of material (printed, electronic, audio-visual and online material or outputs as well as some promotional items) that are anticipated to be disseminated via 5 different channels (means), with the aim to increase the general population’s awareness and knowledge as well as to enhance professionals’ capacity to appropriately approach women/girls suffering from VAW. The Television and radio spots are broadcasted in the form of social messages: on the basis of this regulation, TV and radio stations are instructed (but not mandated) to broadcast messages that have been characterised by the Greek National Council for Radio and Television as social messages for free. Also Information days and a Film Festival on VAW took place in 2011, where 1200-1300 people attended.
The material and activities that had implemented until June 2012 are presented in the sheets 14, 15 and 22.
A more detailed description of the campaign, its anticipated activities as well as the activities that had been implemented during the period April - November 2011can be found at
Aims and objectives
Primary and Secondary Prevention of VAWG
1. Promote a zero-tolerance attitude towards VAWG
2. Create a sense of security for women in order to encourage them “to speak"
3. Raise awareness on VAW, and especially on the forms of domestic violence, rape, sexual harassment in the workplace, trafficking
4. Provide information in regards to the available recourses for an abused woman (services provided by the GSGE or by any other Agency: SOS line 15900, legal counseling and psychosocial support from the Counseling Centers, Shelters)
5. Develop or enhance partnerships with agencies, motivating them to act as multipliers of the campaign’s material
6. Sensitise on how to approach abused women
Results and impact
No evaluation has been conducted yet (until June 2012)
Ministry of Interior, General Secretariat for Gender Equality (GSGE), Directorate of Labour Relations & Social Policy
Stakeholder, Firstname: Theodora, Georgia
Stakeholder, Family name: Katsivardakou, Papageorgiou
Nuts code: EL