The first step is to define the purpose of the planned policy, law or programme and show how it connects with gender equality. The following questions could be asked:
Crucially, this should include a focus on how the intervention relates to gender equality.
The following questions are some examples that could help during the analysis:
- What social issue is being addressed by this policy/legislative intervention?
- Why is this intervention being considered for this particular situation?
- Is the intervention intended to contribute to gender equality?
- How is the intervention intended to contribute to gender equality?
- What are the existing gender equality objectives in this field?