Step 4: Write good terms of reference (checklist)
In order to find the relevant expertise and to develop effective gender equality training, commissioning authorities should carefully develop their terms of reference, taking into account the mandate of their organisation, its needs and the findings from the gender organisational assessment.
The checklist below provides a non-exhaustive list of the items that should be present in the tenders for commissioning training.
Checklist for drafting clear and relevant terms of reference for gender-equality training
Its programmes and activities should be succinctly presented;
The rationale for commissioning training should be clearly explained.
- Preparation phase
- Step 1: Asses the needs for (regular) gender competence development initiatives in the organisation
- Step 2: Integrate gender competence development initiatives into the broader equality strategy
- Step 3: Ensure that sufficient resources have been allocated to implement the initiative and its follow-up
- Step 4: Write good terms of reference (checklist)
- Step 5: Select a trainer with competencies, skills and knowledge relevant to your organisation (checklist)
- Implementation phase
- Evaluation and follow-up phase