- ProjectDigital agenda, EmploymentWomen and men in information and communications technology (ICT): a chance for better work-life balance
... note seeks to contribute to EU-level commitments to combat occupational segregation and design effective policy measures to enhance work-life balance. ...01 January 2018
- ProcurementGender equality prospects in labour markets transformed by artificial intelligence and platform work
... to women’s economic rights and independence, F5 addressing occupational segregation and F6 relating to work-life balance. The tender documents are ...17 April 2020
- News article
... aim at closing gender gaps, for instance in terms of pay or occupational segregation; Women/ Men who have non-traditional occupations and break ...25 June 2013
- News articleEducation, Employment
... technology (ICT) and health or personal care. Gender segregation poses challenges for these industries and leads to a reduced talent ... (EPSCO). It explores progress in overcoming educational and occupational gender segregation in the EU and looks at ways to address it. ...07 December 2017
- ResourceEducation, Employment
... specific gender aspects of employment policies such as occupational segregation, equal opportunities, and the introduction of family-friendly ...01 January 2007
- PublicationEconomic and financial affairs, EmploymentEconomic Benefits of Gender Equality in the European Union: How closing the gender gaps in labour market activity and pay leads to economic growth
... equal pay and working conditions; removing gender segregation across sectors and occupations; reducing the number of career ...10 August 2017
- ProcurementGender inequalities in unpaid care work and on the labour market in the EU Review of the implementation of Area F: Women and the Economy of the Beijing Platform for Action
... to women’s economic rights and independence, F5 addressing occupational segregation and F6 relating to work-life balance. The tender documents are ...15 July 2019
- Toolkit page
... by country. This transformation is likely to change the occupational and sectoral structure of EU employment and is thus likely to ... follows well-established patterns of vertical and horizontal segregation. It is likely to have profound implications for gendered patterns ...
- Policy areaEmployment
... Despite the convergence in employment rates, gender-based segregation in employment is still a problem, with women and men ... and 33% of managers were female. Gender-based occupational segregation is linked to a number of factors, such as ...05 March 2015
- Policy areaCulture
... context. For instance, the horizontal and vertical gender segregation of the labour market is an example of structural gender inequality ... the cultural sphere. This relates closely to a third area of occupational segregation: the fact that ‘creative’ jobs tend to be occupied ...05 March 2015
- Toolkit page
... where progress is limited by persistent gender segregation in different fields of study in tertiary education. The gender ... have continuously been counteracted by persistent gender segregation across occupations. Together with vertical segregation in the ...
- Toolkit page
... The pay gap stems from a combination of factors, including occupational and sectoral segregation, part-time or temporary work, gender stereotypes and norms, ...