Gender Expert - Temporary Agent (AD5)
Gender Expert - Temporary Agent (AD5)
Registration deadline 22 June 2010
The European Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE) is republishing its call for applications with a view to establishing a reserve list for Temporary Agents for the post of Gender Expert – Labour Market.
The registration of applications will begin on 24th May 2010 and will close on 22nd June 2010 at 22:00 Central European Time.
1. The Job
Under the supervision of the Head of the Operations, the jobholder will contribute to the implementation of the Institute's activities in the area of gender equality, gender mainstreaming and labour market within the Institute's Work Programme.
The Gender Expert will be involved in the following tasks and activities:
- to collect, analyse and disseminate information and data within selected areas, including work with gender-sensitive data and the Beijing indicators;
- to develop reports, documents and publications on equal opportunities in the labour market;;
- to develop methods and tools for mainstreaming gender equality, including socio-economic analysis and Gender Impact Assessment;
- to coordinate and network with other agencies and institutions working with gender equality in Europe and globally;
- to give expert support to stakeholders on relevant issues;
- to contribute to the development of external and internal communications activities on gender equality;
- to contribute to the conceptualisation and development of communications materials for various campaigns and events;
- to participate in the development of printed publications, web sites, audiovisual material and other products and
- to monitor and evaluate the Institute's initiatives.
2. Qualifications and experience required
2.1 General terms and conditions
To be considered eligible for selection, an applicant must, by the closing date of this call:
- be a national of a member state of the EU,
- enjoy full rights as a citizen,
- have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the national laws concerning military service, and
- be physically fit to perform duties.
Applicants must have a level of education that corresponds to a university degree with:
- either completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more, or
- completed university studies attested by a diploma and appropriate professional experience of at least one year when the normal period of university education is at least three years.
Applicants should be fluent in English, both spoken and written, with a good command of at least one other official EU language.
2.2 Selection criteria
- At least 3years of professional experience gained after the award of the relevant qualification and at a suitable level corresponding to performance of tasks as defined under section 1.2;
- proven work experience in gender aspects of employment, social inclusion and social protection including
- equal opportunities in the sector of employment and labour market;
- reconciliation of career and family life;
- gender mainstreaming methods;
- socio-economic policy analysis, gender impact assessment and gender budgeting;
- survey and research experience;
- the application of indicators including the Beijing indicators, and statistical data;
- a good command of English which is a predominant working language at the Institute;
- capacity to communicate technical or specialised information orally and in writing;
- evident interpersonal and problem solving skills and
- strong organisational and administrative skills, including the ability to manage priorities, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Practical experience of working with indicators, in particular gender-sensitive indicators,
- experience of working with the EU Gender Equality Index in an EU member state,
- the ability to interpret gender statistics,
- knowledge of EU policies related to gender equality and/or gender equality issues in general.
3. Selection procedure and application
3.1 Selection procedure
The selection procedure includes the following steps:
- Only duly completed applications submitted electronically within the deadline will be taken into consideration.
- Each duly completed application will be examined with a view to establishing that the candidate meets all eligibility criteria.
- Eligible applications will be evaluated by the appointed Selection Committee based on selection criteria defined in this vacancy notice.
- The best-admissable candidates will be short-listed for interview.
- Due to large volume of applications, only candidates selected for the interviews will be contacted.
- Interviews will be held in English.
- During the interview session, the Selection Committee will examine the candidates' profiles and assess their relevancy for the post in question. On the day of the interview, candidates may also be required to undergo a competency assessment exercise.
- On the day of interview candidates will be requested to present , originals and copies of documents detailing citizenship, studies and professional experience, in particular:
- a copy of identity card, passport or other official document specifying citizenship,
- a copy of diploma certifying a required level of academic qualifications,
- documentary evidence of professional experience, clearly indicating starting and finishing dates.
Copies of the above mentioned documents will be retained by the Institute;
- If at any stage of the procedure, it were established that information in the application has been knowingly falsified, the candidate shall be disqualified from the selection process.
- Successful candidates will be included in a reserve list, which will be valid for 12 months. The validity of this list may be extended. Each candidate will be informed by letter whether or not s/he has been placed on the reserve list. However inclusion of candidates on the reserve list does not guarantee recruitment.
- The Director of the Institute will appoint the selected jobholder from the reserve list, taking into account the establishment of a gender balanced organisation.
The internal proceedings of the Selection Committee are strictly confidential and any contact with its members is strictly forbidden. Soliciting on behalf of a candidate can lead to immediate disqualification.
3.2 Submission of applications
For applications to be valid, candidates must complete an EIGE application form, available only in English and which is to be forwarded electronically to email@example.com . The subject title should include the vacancy reference number. The application form in Word format is available below.
Applicants are requested not to attach any supporting documents at this stage (e.g. copies of ID cards, diplomas, evidence of previous professional experience, etc). Only candidates invited to an interview will be asked to present copies of these documents for verification. Applications will not be returned to candidates but will be kept on the file by the Institute in line with its data protection guidelines.
The deadline for sending applications is 22nd June 2010 by not later than 22:00 Central European Time. Incomplete applications and applications sent to EIGE after this deadline will be disqualified.
Please note that the time period between the closing date for the submission of applications and the end of the process to short list candidates for the interview may take several weeks.
Due to the large volume of applications, the Institute regrets that only candidates selected for the interviews will be contacted.
4. Conditions of employment
The place of employment shall be Vilnius, Lithuania. The successful candidate will be offered a temporary agent's contract under Article 2 (a) of the Conditions of employment of other servants of the European Communities. S/he will be engaged at grade AD 5 and shall undergo a six month probation period. The duration of the initial contract will be 5 years. The initial contract may be renewed.
The pay of the Community temporary agents consists of the basic remuneration as well as various allowances depending on personal situation of the jobholder. All remuneration is subject to a Community tax at source. Deductions are also made for medical insurance, pension and unemployment insurance. Salaries are exempt from national taxation. For information, the current net basic salary of AD 5 weighted by the correction coefficient of 76,5% for Lithuania is €2750.68. The salary will be paid in the local currency: LTL.
5. Independence and declarations of interest
The job holder will be required to enter into a commitment to act independently in the public interest and to make complete declarations of any direct or indirect interests that might be considered prejudicial to his or her independence. Candidates must confirm their willingness to do so in their application.
6. Equal opportunities
EIGE applies a policy of equal opportunities and accept applications without distinction on any grounds.
7. Protection of personal data
As the body responsible for organising the competition, the EIGE ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data (Official Journal of the European Communities, L 8 of 12 January 2001). This applies in particular to the confidentiality and security of such data.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
 Established by the European Parliament and of the Council Regulation (EC) No 1922/2006 of 20 December 2006 (OJ L 403/9 of 30.12.2006)
 Before recruitment, the applicant will be medically examined for the purposes of Article 12(2) (d) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Communities.
 Only qualifications issued by EU Member State authorities and qualifications recognised as equivalent by the relevant Member States authorities will be accepted.
 For example: 16% expatriation allowance, household allowance, education allowance, dependant child allowance etc.