Online Communications Officer - Contract Agent FGIV
Online Communications Officer - Contract Agent FGIV
Registration deadline 11 July 2010
1. The Job
The Online Communications Officer will provide specialised and general administrative support to the implementation of the Institute’s electronic communications by primarily preparing and implementing online communication, campaigning and promotion activities.
More specifically the jobholder shall carry out the following duties:
- implement internet promotion and search engine optimisation tasks.
- carry out monitoring activities on the Institute's website as well as on thematic sub-sites.
- analyse and compile quarterly statistical web reports and suggest innovative practices.
- contribute to, and implement online surveys.
- investigate, develop and enhance the usability and navigability of the website/s.
- support the development and implementation of the Institute’s communication strategy and activities.
- contribute to the collection and structuring of data and information for the Institute's website/s and assure the quality of content and visibility.
- liaise with various counterparts including the Institute's stakeholders, contractors, other EU institutions and bodies, journalists, bloggers and the social media
- provide technical input and considerations in support of the development of the European Network on Gender Equality.
- provide support in related procurement procedures, operational initiation and contract supervision and management.
- contribute to the organisation and running of internal and external meetings including preparation of documents and presentations, taking minutes etc.
2. Qualifications and experience required
2.1 Formal requirements
To be considered eligible for selection, an applicant must meet the following formal requirements by the closing date of this call:
- completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma and appropriate professional experience of at least one year.
- nationality of a Member state of the European Union,
- a good command, both spoken and written, of at least two official EU languages,
- entitlement to full rights as a citizen,
- to have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the national laws concerning military service,
- to be physically fit to perform duties.
2.2 Selection Criteria
Eligible candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- Proven experience in working with search engine optimisation techniques, internet promotion and website monitoring.
- Knowledge of basic programming skills as well as the capacity to structure and understand technical information.
- An excellent knowledge in the application of web tools and content management systems (e.g. Drupal, Plone, Joomla etc.).
- The ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-specialist colleagues and external contacts at different levels.
- Fluency in English which is a predominant working language at the Institute.
- Interpersonal, organisational, administrative and problem solving skills.
- Certification in a subject related to electronic communications.
- Work experience in an international or an EU organisation.
- Ability to work in a proactive and autonomous way.
- Ability to manage priorities, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in working during a start-up phase of an organisation or project.
4. Application and Selection procedure
4.1 Selection procedure
The selection procedure includes the following steps:
- Only duly completed applications together with a completed Eligibility and Selection Criteria Grid, submitted electronically within the deadline, will be taken into consideration.
- Each duly completed application and Eligibility and Selection Criteria Grid will be examined with a view to establishing that a candidate meets all eligibility criteria.
- Eligible applications will be evaluated by the appointed Selection Committee based on selection criteria defined in this vacancy notice.
- The best-admissible candidates will be short-listed for interview.
- Due to large volume of applications, only candidates selected for the interviews will be contacted.
- Interviews will be held in English.
- During the interview session, the Selection Committee will examine the candidates' profiles and assess their relevancy for the post in question. On the day of the interview, candidates may also be required to undergo a competency assessment exercise.
- On the day of interview candidates will be requested to present originals and copies of documents detailing citizenship, studies and professional experience, in particular:
- an identity card, passport or other official document specifying citizenship,
- diploma/s certifying the required level of academic qualifications,
- professional experience clearly indicating starting and finishing dates.
Copies of the above mentioned documents will be retained by the Institute;
- If at any stage of the procedure, it were established that any information in the application has been knowingly falsified, the candidate shall be disqualified from the selection process.
- Successful candidates will be included in a reserve list, which will be valid for 12 months. The validity of this list may be extended. Each candidate will be informed by letter whether or not s/he has been placed on the reserve list. However inclusion of candidates on the reserve list does not guarantee recruitment.
- The Director of the Institute will appoint the selected candidate from the reserve list.
The internal proceedings of the Selection Committee are strictly confidential and any contact with its members is strictly forbidden. Soliciting on behalf of an applicant can lead to immediate disqualification.
4.2 Submission of applications
For applications to be valid, applicants must complete an EIGE application form, available only in English and which is to be forwarded electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org . The subject title should include the vacancy reference number. Application forms are available below.
Applicants are also required to complete an Eligibility and Selection Criteria Grid which is available below.
Applicants are requested not to attach any supporting documents at this stage (e.g. copies of ID cards, diplomas, evidence of previous professional experience, etc). Only candidates invited to an interview will be asked to present copies of these documents for verification. Applications will not be returned to candidates but will be kept on the file by the Institute in line with its data protection guidelines.
The deadline for sending applications is 11th July 2010 by not later than 22:00 Central European Time. Incomplete applications and applications sent to EIGE after this deadline will not be considered.
Please note that the time period between the closing date for the submission of applications and the end of the process to short list candidates for the interview may take several weeks. Due to the large volume of applications, the Institute regrets that only candidates selected for the interviews will be contacted.
5. Conditions of employment
The place of employment shall be Vilnius Lithuania. The successful candidate will be offered a Contract Agent's contract pursuant to the conditions of employment of other servants of the European Communities. S/he will be engaged at Function Group IV and shall undergo a nine month probationary period. The duration of the initial contract will be three years and the initial contract may be renewed.
The pay of the Community Contract Agents consists of the basic remuneration as well as various allowances depending on personal situation of the jobholder. For information, the current net basic salary of a Contract Agent FG IV weighted by the correction coefficient of 76,5% for Lithuania is €2,604.21. The salary will be paid in the local currency: LTL.
All remuneration is subject to a Community tax at source. Deductions are also made for medical insurance, pension and unemployment insurance. Salaries are exempt from national taxation.
6. Independence and declarations of interest
The job holder will be required to enter into a commitment to act independently in the public interest and to make complete declarations of any direct or indirect interests that might be considered prejudicial to his or her independence. Candidates must confirm their willingness to do so in their application.
7. Equal opportunities
EIGE applies a policy of equal opportunities and accept applications without distinction on any grounds.
8. Protection of personal data
As the body responsible for organising the competition, the EIGE ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data (Official Journal of the European Communities, L 8 of 12 January 2001). This applies in particular to the confidentiality and security of such data.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
 Only qualifications issued by EU Member State authorities and qualifications recognised as equivalent by the relevant Member States authorities will be accepted.
 Professional experience will be counted from the date on which the applicant acquired the minimum qualification for access to the profile in question. Only duly documented professional activity (i.e. remunerated employment or self-employment) is taken into account. Part-time work will be taken into account in proportion to the percentage of full-time hours worked. Periods of education or training and unremunerated traineeships are not taken into account Fellowships, grants and PhDs can be counted as professional experience up to a maximum of 3 years. Any given time period can be counted only once (e.g. if the applicant had a full-time job and did freelance consultancy work in the evenings and weekends, the days spent on the latter will not be added to the period of the former).
 Before recruitment, the candidate will be medically examined for the purposes of Article 12(2) (d) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Communities.
 For example: 16% expatriation allowance, household allowance, education allowance, dependant child allowance etc.