Activity of Gender Studies Centre, Šiauliai University
Aims and objectives
- Mission of the Centre: to facilitate opportunities for women's and men's equality through scientific, educational, academic and project work, to develop policies for women's rights and equality between the two genders and to expand society's understanding of gender issues, to have an influence on political processes.
- Goal of the Centre: to develop gender studies & research as an interdisciplinary discourse, with a view to securing and guaranteeing equal rights in the spheres of education & science, professional activities, employment opportunities, health care and towards equal responsibilities for men and women at home and at work.
- Research interests: gender equality, gender mainstreaming, gender discrimination, social exclusion, gender policies in Lithuania and the European Union, development of the academic discourse of gender studies.
Name: Gender Studies Centre, Šiauliai University
Area of intervention: Men and gender equality
Organisation Country: Lithuania
Organisation Zip Code: LT 76351
Organisation Phone: 370 595 757
Name: Virginija Šidlauskienė
The Centre was and is involved in the following projects:
- Family Planet: Family-Friendly Organisation (EQUAL project) (2005-2008)
- Promotion of Gender Equality in Academia (LYMOS) (2011-2012)
- INTEGER - Institutional Transformation for Effecting Gender Equality in Research (The UKRC and FP7 Science in Society) (2011-2014).
Series of seminars "Gender Equality Index" (2009) for Kaunas and Vilnius companies and organisations.
- The Centre publishes a journal "Gender Studies and Research" (since 2005). Internet access: http://www.su.lt/mokslas/mokslo-leidiniai/ml-lyciu-studijos-ir-tyrimai
- Ivanauskienė F., Šidlauskienė V. (2007) Gender and Education: Methodological Guide, Šiauliai: Šiauliai University Press
- Ivanauskienė F., Šidlauskienė V. (2008) Gender, Education, Social Environment: Study Guide, Šiauliai: Šiauliai University Press
- Šidlauskienė V. (2010) "Evaluation of influence of structural funds allocated to Lithuania for years 2004-2006 on promotion of equality between women and men", in Socialiniai tyrimai: mokslo darbai [Social Research: Scholarly Works], No. 1 (18): 95-106.