EIGE, together with the other EU Justice and Home Affairs (JHA) Agencies marks the 10-year anniversary of the EU’s Charter of Fundamental Rights. We pledge to continue to respect and promote fundamental rights and ensure our work always complies with the Charter. This includes upholding fundamental rights in our working practices and promoting gender equality and diversity at work.
The statement builds on a previous commitment by all EU agencies to strengthen fundamental rights’ protection in their work and was released during the 2019 Conference on the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights.
Read the Heads of JHA Agencies’ statement on the occasion of the 10th Anniversary of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union.
The nine agencies are the:
- European Union Agency for the Operational Management of Large-Scale IT Systems in the Area of Freedom, Security and Justice (eu-LISA)
- European Asylum Support Office (EASO)
- European Border and Coast Guard Agency (Frontex)
- European Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE)
- European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA)
- European Union Agency for Law Enforcement Cooperation (Europol)
- European Union Agency for Law Enforcement Training (CEPOL)
- European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA)
- European Union Judicial Cooperation Unit (EUROJUST)
Read more about the Justice and Home Affairs (JHA) Agencies Network