Activity of The Men's Project
Aims and objectives
The Men's Project is an initiative within the Parents Advice Centre. It was officially launched in September 1998 to begin to meet these needs in the north of Ireland. At its heart is the aim of increasing awareness of the issues facing local men and boys and promoting their social inclusion. Funding has stopped for this project but the website still stands as a reference and is updated occasionally.
Name: The Men's Project
Stakeholder: Civil society organisation
Area of intervention: Men and gender equality
Organisation Country: United Kingdom
Organisation City: Belfast
Parent's Advice Centre, Head Office, 2nd Floor Andras House, 60 Great Victoria Street
Organisation Zip Code: BT2 7BB
Organisation Phone: (028)90310891
Name: Pauline Martin
- Creating and sustaining networks which decrease isolation, promote cooperative activity, and enable the sharing of experience, skills and knowledge.
- Researching the needs of / issues faced by local men.
- Producing, collating and disseminating practical resources.
- Initiating projects which demonstrate effective practice.
- Lobbying decision-makers and influencing public opinion.
- Recommending strategies for future development.
- Wide range of resources for working with men and boys at www.mensproject.org/resources/index.html
- Also access to a Men's Work Directory.