Activity of Red de Hombres por la Igualdad (Men Equality Network).
Aims and objectives
- Public campaigns, awareness raising (men and gender equality, men against male violence)This organisation works at a national level. Founded in 2006. Enabling a greater presence and impact of individuals and men's groups and organisations for gender equality in the debate and social transformation towards gender equality nationally and internationally.
- Promoting a social and political consensus on gender equality through collaboration with similar organisations and with groups from the feminist movement and the LGBT community that are "deconstructed" and nondominant based on gender equity , justice,respect and solidarity.
- Promoting a society based on real equality between men and women struggling against all forms of discrimination supported by the patriarchal order. Fostering cultural, ideological, social, personal and relational change, men adopting positions that favour equality between men and women. Promote models of masculinity based on equality, justice, respect, care, solidarity, cooperation and democracy.
- Developing intervention programmes aimed at preventing, raising awareness of, and eradicating gender violence in all its public and private forms. Encouraging discussions that promote thought, advocacy and awareness about all issues that contribute to combating gender inequality and advance the creation of future equality.
- Collaborating with other organisations whose objectives coincide with those of the Association.
- Conduct studies, research and intervention on issues of Gender, Social Education and Civic Engagement among others. Promote participation from the perspective of active citizenship.
Name: Red de Hombres por la Igualdad (Men Equality Network).
Stakeholder: Civil society organisation
Area of intervention: Men and gender equality
Organisation Country: Spain
Organisation Zip Code: 28250
Organisation Phone: (0034) 646652698
Name: Hilario Sáez