Activity of Centre for Curricular Development and Gender Studies: FILIA
Aims and objectives
Established in 2000, FILIA: Centre for Curriculum Development and Gender Studies has the main objective of promoting an active policy on gender equality in Romanian society.
- FILIA is a founding member of the Romanian Women's Lobby affiliated to the European Women's Lobby and is a member of the Romanian Anti-discrimination Coalition.
- FILIA offers research, consultancy and training in the field of gender equality.
- FILIA developed the first Summer School in Romania on Gender Equality, has carried out research, awareness-raising campaigns and implemented various projects on work-life balance, women's political representation and violence against women.
These projects contributed to the development of scientific research in Romanian academic fields, offered support to the development of a Gender Studies MA (National School of Political Science and Public Administration) and to the institutional development of the FILA Centre.
Name: Centre for Curricular Development and Gender Studies: FILIA
Stakeholder: Civil society organisation
Area of intervention: Men and gender equality
Organisation Country: Romania
Organisation Phone: 0040 318. 08. 96
FILIA has not worked on projects that specifically target men and masculinities alone, but has analysed the relationship between women and men, their access to resources and power and the consequences on gender equality. "We emphasise the value of the partnership between women and men and its contribution to the wellbeing of both women and men. We consider men as our partners, not as enemies."
We have conducted various studies on gender equality in Romania especially on work-life balance, care policies and political participation and representation - Equal Competitors. Equal Partners, 2007; Equal opportunities through work-life balance policies, 2007; Work-life balance in the medical field, 2010;
- Equal Competitors. Equal Partners, 2007, publication coordinated by Oana Băluță.
- Equal opportunities through work-life balance policies, 2007, publication coordinated by Oana Băluță
- Work-life balance in the medical field: types of leaves, day-care and alternative support, 2010 study by Oana Băluță 2
- 4 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Work/life balance in the medical field, 2010 Research Report by Oana Băluță.