Activity of University of Ionnina
Aims and objectives
- Education and Gender Identities
- Feminist perspectives on the Sociology of Education
- Gender equality in education: what progress?
Name: University of Ionnina
Area of intervention: Men and gender equality
Organisation Country: Greece
Name: Eleni Maragkoudaki
Eleni Maragkoudaki is not especially involved in activities relating to men and masculinities. However, in her overall activities - projects, seminars, courses and publications- she often refers to men and masculinities, to their social construction and to hierarchical social articulation and unequal evaluation.
She has taken part in or organised many seminars, meetings and small conferences for teachers, in which issues about gender identities in general and men and masculinities were discussed. The purpose was to make teachers aware of the ways in which schools contribute to the reproduction of traditional stereotypical gender identities and what has to be done to advance gender equality, initially in schools and then in all social fields.
- Maragoudaki E. (ed.)(2008) Αγόρια και Κορίτσια στο Σχολείο. Ταυτότητες Φύλου, Διαδικασίες Διαμόρφωσης και Τρόποι Έκφρασης στο Σχολικό Περιβάλλον. Τόμος Ι (Boys and Girls at School. Gender identities, social construction processes and ways of expression in school environment.Vol. I)- selection of articles translated into Greek, Athens: KETHI
- Maragoudaki E. (ed.) (2008) Αγόρια και Κορίτσια στο Σχολείο. Η Έμφυλη Διάσταση του Αναλυτικού Προγράμματος και της Αλληλοεπίδρασης μεταξύ Εκπαιδευτικών/Εκπαιδευομένων σε Αίθουσες Διδασκαλίας. Τόμος ΙΙ (Boys and Girls at School. The gendered perspective of the analytic program and the interaction between teachers and pupils in school classes. Vol. II) - selection of articles translated into Greek, Athens: KETHI
- Maragkoudaki E. (2007) (3 vols). Εισαγωγή Θεμάτων για την Προώθηση της Ισότητας των Φύλων στην Εκπαιδευτική Διαδικασία. Βοηθητικό Εκπαιδευτικό υλικό για τα Σχολικά Εγχειρίδια (Introduction of Issues for the promotion of equality in the school process. Supplementary dducational material for the school textbooks of theoretical direction): 1. in Junior High School http://www.isotita epeaek.gr/ipostirktiko_iliko/Gymnasio_Theoritikis_7.pdf 2. in Senior High School http://www.isotita-epeaek.gr/ipostirktiko_iliko/THEORITIKIS/LYKEIO_THEOR... 3. in Technical High School http://www.isotita-epeaek.gr/ipostirktiko_iliko/THEORITIKIS/EPAL_THEORIT... All the above were published by Thessaloniki: LITHOGRAFIA
- Maragkoudaki E. (2007), (Ed). Παραγωγή Bοηθητικού Eκπαιδευτικού Yλικού για την Eισαγωγή Θεμάτων σχετικά με τα Φύλα στην Eκπαιδευτική Διαδικασία (Essays about gender issues in education), Thessaloniki: LITHOGRAFIA, http://www.isotita-epeaek.gr/ipostirktiko_iliko/Dokimia_Biblio_7.pdf The books published in 2007 were produced in the context of a project titled "Development of supplementary educational material for introducing and mainstreaming gender-related issues in the educational process" which was implemented in the years 2006- 2008. The project was co-funded by both National and European budgets and it aimed at promoting and incorporating sensitive gender-related issues within the everyday curriculum for all levels (nursery, primary and high school) of the school educational process. In that project, Eleni Maragoudaki was the scientific supervisor and the senior co-ordinator.