Activity of Koordinationsstelle "Männer in Kitas", (Coordination Office "Men in Childcare Centres")
Aims and objectives
The goal of the Coordination Centre "Men in Childcare Centres" is to increase the proportion of male workers in day care centres. We have been working since the beginning of 2010 and are supported by educators, parents, politicians and academics, as the results of our qualitative and quantitative surveys on "male workers in day care centres" show. The Coordination Centre is funded by the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth. The focus of our work is on public relations and information, advice, networking and supporting practice. We encourage dialogue between policy, practice and research to improve the prospects for men to work in child care centres and to build the capacity and skills of workers.
Name: Koordinationsstelle "Männer in Kitas", (Coordination Office "Men in Childcare Centres")
Stakeholder: Civil society organisation
Area of intervention: Men and gender equality
Organisation Country: Germany
Organisation Zip Code: 10318
Organisation Phone: 030/50 10 10 934
- Information: providing information on routes into the profession and the situation in practice. Presentation of national and international research and provision of information on "best practices" (examples and current developments in the regions).
- Strategic consulting: advising policy makers, managers and support networks and developing long-term approaches through them to increase the numbers of men working in childcare centres.
- Events: meetings, conferences, expert roundtables
- Networking: supporting and initiating new and existing networks in order to create sustainable structures for professional exchange.
- Public Relations: helping to increase the social acceptance of men working in education and day care settings.
- Cremers M., Krabel J., Calmbach M. (2010) Männliche Fachkräfte in Kindertagesstätten (Male workers in day care centres), Katholische Hochschule für Sozialwesen Berlin/Sinus Sociovision GmbH, Heidelberg/Berlin: Bundesministerium für Familie, Senioren, Frauen und Jugend, www.koordination-maennerinkitas.de/forschung/unsere-studie/