Activity of Centre National d'Information des Femmes et des Familles (CNIDFF)
Aims and objectives
Aims to promote social, professional and personal autonomy between women and men. 114 CIDFF information centres around the country inform, guide and support the public, especially women, on: access to the law; the fight against sexual violence; support for parenthood; at work, with the creation of businesses; sexuality and health. The CNIDFF is a national resource centre supported by the State, which provides methodological and technical support to the CIDFF information centres .
Name: Centre National d'Information des Femmes et des Familles (CNIDFF)
Stakeholder: Civil society organisation
Area of intervention: Men and gender equality
Organisation Country: France
Organisation Zip Code: 75013
Organisation Phone: 01 42 17 12 00
Name: Dolorès Zlatic
Making men and women aware of stereotypes about the roles of fathers and mothers in parenting. In particular, the project 'Qualitemps', co-financed by the European Social Fund (2007-08) has had the objective of promoting equality between men and women by involving men more in family life:
- Research 'fathers as managers in search of balance - portrait of a generation reconciling work and family'.
- Posters, postcards and banners to raise awareness of work sharing
- Support guide for businesses 'Promoting parenting among male employees - an issue of professional equality'
- Establishment of three training days for professionals on male involvement in family life
- Development of a training module for men and women on work-life balance
- Organising awareness-raising events and the final conference of the project.
- In 2007, a day on 'Homosexual parenting, New Families: When does homosexual parenting challenge the social roles of the sexes?' With the participation of the Association of Parents and future parents of Gays and Lesbians.
- In 2008 a day on 'Parental equality also has to do with men', centred on the implication for fathers in the family. With the contribution of Dominic Bizot from the Association 'Fathers in movement, practicalities and changes.'
- In 2009, a day on the theme 'Equality between girls and boys, an issue for society, what place for the CIDFF?' With the collaboration of National Education.