Activity of Lyömätön Linja Espoossa
Aims and objectives
LLE's background organisation is Naisten Apu Espoossa [Women's Aid in Espoo] which is a member of Ensi-ja turvakotien Liitto [The Federation of Mother and Child Homes and Shelters], http://www.ensijaturvakotienliitto.fi/in_english/. LLE receives funding from Finland's Slot Machine Association.
- The Väkivallan katkaisu [Alternative to Violence] programme is offered to Finnish men who have used or threatened to use violence within the family and want to work to stop their violent behaviour.
- Miehen Linja [Man's Line] is a culturally sensitive Alternative to Violence programme aimed at immigrant men who have turned to or are afraid of turning to domestic violence.
- In cooperation with the city of Espoo, LLE organised and actively took part in a campaign against domestic violence in March 2010. It was a media campaign about the "Puhu - älä lyö" [Talk - Don't hit] operational programme to prevent domestic violence: http://www.espoo.fi/default.asp?path=1;28;29;37412;37477;124569 (in Finnish)
Name: Lyömätön Linja Espoossa
Stakeholder: Civil society organisation
Area of intervention: Men and gender equality
Organisation Country: Finland
Organisation Zip Code: 02650
Organisation Phone: 358 9 2766280; 358 9 27662899
Name: Jari Hautamäki
- The Alternative to Violence programme includes individual meetings, group work and follow-up meetings for men: http://www.lyomatonlinja.fi/Sivusto%209/Alternative%20to%20Violence%20Pr... It also includes a guidance service for all members of the family involved in domestic violence situations: http://www.lyomatonlinja.fi/Sivusto%209/Trials%20and%20development%20work/E27D7B33-660B-44A7-BA8B-68E60545A9E2.html
- In addition to the Alterative to Volence and Man's Line activities, in 2008 a Prevention of Violence group activity was started, which is aimed at culturally homogeneous groups of immigrant men. The experiences thus far have been encouraging.
LLE's director Jari Hautamäki participated in the 13th President's forum on 17 February 2010. The theme of the forum was Domestic Violence: http://www.lyomatonlinja.fi/Sivusto/FE350AD1-85D0-4542-85B2-68016506E9B2/1294ED34-71B1-4527-BFA5-AECB1AE21BDE.html (in Finnish)