Activity of Landsforeningen for bøsser, lesbiske, biseksuelle og transpersoner (The Danish National Organisation for Gay Men, Lesbians, Bisexuals and Transgendered Persons)
Aims and objectives
LGBT Denmark works within the area of gender identity and sexual orientation to promote human rights, diversity, anti-discrimination and equal opportunities. The work is based on two basic rights principles: recognition of and respect for individual rights and relationship rights in society.
Name: Landsforeningen for bøsser, lesbiske, biseksuelle og transpersoner (The Danish National Organisation for Gay Men, Lesbians, Bisexuals and Transgendered Persons)
Stakeholder: Civil society organisation
Area of intervention: Men and gender equality
Organisation Country: Denmark
Organisation Zip Code: 1023 - 1007
Organisation Phone: 45 33 13 19 48
Name: Søren Laursen
LGBT Denmark has three pillars:
- Political work: Through political work at all levels we seek to improve the understanding and recognition of an inclusive and diverse perception of gender identity and sexual orientation.
- Counselling and information: Through personal counselling we help people to understand themselves and their situation. This can be in relation to personal issues as well as laws and regulations, etc. Through information projects, we seek to ensure a high level of knowledge in society about LGBT people.
- Social activities: We create networks and groups. Because we embrace a very broad group, there is often a need, or wish, for smaller forums, e.g. lesbian seniors, transgendered people, gays with cultural interests, political bisexuals, or families with children. (Political programme, http://www.lgbt.dk/fileadmin/site/om_foreningen/Our_organisation.1.01.pdf)
- Hearing at the national parliament on the situation of transgendered persons in Denmark, 14 March 2011, organised by LGBT Denmark and Trans Denmark
- World Outgames and World Outgames Human Rights Conference, July-August 2009, Copenhagen (LGBT Denmark as partner organisation)
- LGBT Denmark (2009) The Little Green Book on LGBT. On gender identity and sexual orientation, Copenhagen, http://www.lgbt.dk/fileadmin/site/om_foreningen/TheLittleGreenBookOnLGBT.pdf
- LGBT Denmark (2009) Forældreskab og orlov (Parenthood and Parental Leave), Copenhagen, http://www.lgbt.dk/fileadmin/site/politik/familier/foraelderskab_og_orlov.pdf
- LGBT Denmark & Laursen S. (2008) Rainbow Families, Copenhagen, http://www.lgbt.dk/fileadmin/site/politik/familier/Rainbow_Families_2008.pdf
- LGBT Denmark (pamphlet) Bryd tavsheden. Stop hadforbrydelser mod homoseksuelle, biseksuelle og transkønnede (Break the Silence. End hate crimes against homosexuals, bisexuals and transgendered persons), Copenhagen, http://www.lgbt.dk/uploads/media/Hadfolder-miljoeet.pdf
- Since 1954 the association also issues the magazine Panbladet; from 2001 onwards only in a digital version (www.panbladet.dk).