Activity of Gender Studies, School of Humanities, Charles University
Aims and objectives
The philosophy of Gender Studies at the School of Humanities at Charles University in Prague (FHS UK) relies on offering an opportunity for a systematic academic study of theoretical and methodological tools for researching and exploring gender issues from a historical perspective, with consideration of cultural and ethnic aspects of a given topic. The activities and courses at the department of Gender Studies at FHS UK are aimed primarily at university students, but not only students of FHS UK; through elective courses and bloc seminars, they are also open to students at other schools and universities in Prague and all over the Czech Republic.
Name: Gender Studies, School of Humanities, Charles University
Area of intervention: Men and gender equality
Organisation Country: Czech Republic
Organisation City: Prague
Areál Hůrka, Husníkova 2075, Prague 13
Organisation Zip Code: 158 00
Organisation Phone: +420 251620364
Name: Iva Šmídová
Name: Petr Pavlík
Phone: +420 251620364
- EU, state legislation and gender mainstreaming (Ing. Petr Pavlík)
- Feminism and LGBT activism (Věra Sokolová)
- Gay Fatherhood, Gay and Lesbian Parenthood (Věra Sokolová)
- Gender analysis of Czech media (Ing. Petr Pavlík)
- Narratives of Sexual Identity (Mgr. Kateřina Kolářová)
- Heteronormativity and homophobia in Czech society (Věra Sokolová)
- Politics of Equal Opportunities, Gender Audits (Ing. Petr Pavlík)
- Pavlík P., Kolářová K., Smetáčková I. (2010) 'Sexual and Gender Motivated Harassment at Czech Universities: Incidence, Perception and Implications for Sexual Ethics', in Gavin H., Bent J. (eds.), Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll (str. 77-86), Oxford: Inter-Disciplinary Press.
- Sokolova V. (2009) 'Otec, otec a dítě: gay muži a rodičovství' ('Father, Father and Child: Gay Men and Parenthood'), Sociologický časopis/Czech Sociological Review, Vol. 45, No. 1: 1-31.
- Pavlík, P. (2008) 'Equal Opportunities for All? Gender Politics in the Czech Republic', in Baer S., Hoheisel M. (eds.), Between success and disappointment: Gender equality policies in an enlarged Europe (str. 191-205), Berlin: Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, GenderKompetenzZentrum.
- Pavlik, P. (2007) 'Women and Men in the Gender Perspective, Gender Brings a New Perspective', in Smetáčková I. (ed.), Handbook of gender-sensitive school leadership (pp. 6-12). New York: Open Society, o.p.s.