Activity of Liga otevřených mužu (League of Open Men, LOM)
Aims and objectives
Promotes the development of male identity. The aim is to create a model of men supporting other men. Priorities: ongoing reflections of male identity in contemporary society; support men in developing a sense of openness, courage and responsibility; promote gender sensitivity towards both sexes; defend men against stereotypes, prejudice and doctrines; create the conditions for men to help each other and themselves.
Name: Liga otevřených mužu (League of Open Men, LOM)
Stakeholder: Civil society organisation
Area of intervention: Men and gender equality
Organisation Country: Czech Republic
Name: Martin Jára
Collecting and distributing information on men's lives in the Czech Republic and abroad; professional seminars, cultural events, surveys, discussions, articles on men's issues; dialogue with women and women's organisations, collaboration on the performance of activities and equal opportunities projects; workshops for men; programmes for "young men" - children and teenagers; consultation and therapeutic support for men during difficult life situations.
- 'Dad's Know How' - Supporting the awareness and skills of men in everyday child care in family.
- 'Men in School!' - Supporting men working as professionals and volunteers in all kinds of educational institutions.
- 'Men to Men!' - Promoting a self-support model for men.
LOM holds many workshops and seminars for men around masculinity, fatherhood. e.g:
- Fatherhood as a life project, seminar held in institutions.
- Workshop 'Dad as the centre of the family and community life', held in 2011 in different cities in the Czech Republic
- Dark Side of the Man, Dečín, 2009
- Magazine (RaTATA) for fathers
- Several educational materials about fatherhood
- Cooperation in research on 'the forms of fatherhood in the Czech Republic'