Activity of HOSI - Homosexuellen Initiative Wien - Homosexual Initiative Vienna
Aims and objectives
Since 1979, providing political representation of lesbians and gays in Austria to parties and authorities, the media and the public. Objectives include:
- legal equality in all situations: creation of an anti-discrimination law, legal recognition and equality of lesbian and gay partners with married couples, rights to adopt children
- strengthening the self-awareness and self-confidence of lesbians and gay men and support them in 'coming out'.
- reduction of prejudice against lesbians and gays.
- public relations through media work, lectures and discussion sessions.
Name: HOSI - Homosexuellen Initiative Wien - Homosexual Initiative Vienna
Stakeholder: Civil society organisation
Area of intervention: Men and gender equality
Organisation Country: Austria
Organisation Zip Code: 1020
Organisation Phone: 43 699 11811038
Name: Christian Högl
- International Lesbian and Gay Association Conference 2008 in Vienna, www.hosiwien.at/;
- Rainbow Parade (June 2011) as part of Vienna Pride held and organised by the Vienna HOSI.