Activity of Gizonduz. Public programme of Emakunde (Basque Women Institute and Basque Government to promote men and gender equality).
Aims and objectives
Gizonduz is a pioneering initiative of the Basque government, led by Emakunde-Basque Institute for Women. It works in the field of awareness, training and responsibility in the home, aimed at promoting greater participation and involvement of men to promote equality between women and men and to create a critical mass among them that enables greater progress to this end.
Name: Gizonduz. Public programme of Emakunde (Basque Women Institute and Basque Government to promote men and gender equality).
Stakeholder: Regional/Local Organisation
Area of intervention: Men and gender equality
Organisation Country: Spain
Organisation Zip Code: 1005
Organisation Phone: (0034) 945016700
Name: Josetxu Riviere
- Training and awareness raising among men and on gender equality
- Public campaigns (men against gender violence; men and work-life balance; paternity; men and care; men and equality policy)
- Training (online and offline) to promote men and gender equality (for the general public, professionals, civil servants)
- Awareness-raising campaign "la igualdad te hace más hombre" ("Equality makes you more of a man")
- Awareness-raising campaign for fathers " Equality backpack for new fathers" (Gizonduz send a backpack with awareness raising material to all new fathers in the Basque Country)
- Awareness-raising campaign against gender violence.
International Conference on men and daily life. Donostia, 5-6 November 2007
- Equality guide for new fathers (2008) http://www.berdingune.euskadi.net/u89-congizon/es/contenidos/enlace/enla...
- Men, equality and new masculinity (2008) < http://www.berdingune.euskadi.net/u89-congizon/es/contenidos/enlace/enla...