Activity of National School of Political Studies and Public Administration
Aims and objectives
Pain and masculinities, combat sports, violence.
Name: National School of Political Studies and Public Administration
Stakeholder: University; Research Institute
Area of intervention: Men and gender equality
Organisation Country: Romania
Organisation Phone: 3180897/int. 1177
Name: Alexandru Ștefan Dincovici
Doctoral research on masculinity, pain and violence in combat sports (Bucharest, 2009-present)
- "Ouch! An exploratory study of pain management in contact martial arts", Anthropology of Men, Masculinities and Health, Freie Universität, Berlin, May 2009.
- "A Beautiful but Damaged Body. What the muscles cover up", first International Symposium of CORPUS, International Group for the Cultural Studies of the Body, Universidad Nova de Lisboa, January 2010
- "Bodies and violence: the case for a new definition?", VII-th National Conference of the Romanian Society for Cultural Anthropology, Bucharest, September 2010.
- Alexandru Dincovici (2010) "Corpul Ideal. Intre fier si sticla" ("The Ideal Body. Between iron and glass") in Laura Grünberg (ed.), Introducere in sociologia corpului. Teme, perspective si experiențe întrupate (Introduction to sociology of the body. Themes, perspectives and embodied experiences), Polirom, Iași. http://www.polirom.ro/catalog/carte/introducere-in-sociologia-corpului-teme-perspective-si-experiente-intrupat-3921/arunca_o_privire.html
- Alexandru Dincovici (2009), "Îmbrățișează durerea! Despre corpuri si sporturi de contact" ("Embrace the pain! On bodies and contact sports") in Vintilă Mihăilescu (ed.), Etnografii Urbane. Cotidianul văzut de aproape, Polirom, Iași. http://www.polirom.ro/catalog/carte/etnografii-urbane-cotidianul-vazut-de-aproap-3604/arunca_o_privire_cuprins_1.html