Activity of Cardiff University School of Social Sciences
Aims and objectives
- Distress and suicidal behaviour
- Gender and child welfare
- The role of social workers
- Social work education and doctoral research
- Identities in middle childhood
- The welfare of minority ethnic children
- School bullying
- Social research methodology
Name: Cardiff University School of Social Sciences
Area of intervention: Men and gender equality
Organisation Country: United Kingdom
Organisation City: Cardiff
Glamorgan Building, King Edward VII Avenue
Organisation Zip Code: CF10 3WT
Organisation Phone: +44 2920875402
Name: Jonathan Scourfield
Current activities include:
- A feasibility study for a randomised controlled trial of a training intervention to improve the engagement of fathers in the child protection system
- A qualitative sociological autopsy study of gendered suicide
- Scourfield J., Fincham B., Langer S. (in press) Sociological autopsy: An integrated method for the study of suicide in men, Social Science and Medicine.
- Featherstone B., Hooper C-A., Scourfield J., Taylor J. (eds.) (2010) Gender and Child Welfare in Society, Oxford: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Shiner M., Scourfield J., Fincham B., Langer, S. (2009) When things fall apart: Gender and suicide across the life course, Social Science and Medicine, 69: 738-746.
- Featherstone B., Rivett M., Scourfield, J. (2007) Working with Men in Health and Social Care, London, Sage.