Activity of Gruppo "Uomini in Cammino"
Aims and objectives
Founded in 1993 within the Christian community of Pinerolo in order to: break the silence over the prevailing machismo in the Church; rediscover a model of relationships with women based on reciprocity and acceptance; begin an individual and collective journey of self-awareness and change for men.
UiC is a:
- self-help group for men who, through exchange and listening to each other, want to improve their own ways of being male
- awareness-raising group which promotes gradual awareness of individual and gender inequality; of men's responsibility for patriarchal domination in the world, and the need for collective change among men, through effective collaboration with women.
- group for the prevention of violence in relationships, learning to improve ways of being in relationships, beginning with intimacy and gender. The Group belongs to the Rete Associazioni degli Uomini (a total of 10 Associations) http://maschileplurale.it/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&...
Name: Gruppo "Uomini in Cammino"
Stakeholder: Civil society organisation
Area of intervention: Men and gender equality
Organisation Country: Italy
Organisation Zip Code: 10064
Name: Beppe Pavan
- the newsletter 'Uomini in Cammino'
- collaboration with the National Association 'Maschile Plural'
- participation in/at conferences, workshops, training courses, etc.
- participation in/to working groups with a religious orientation