Activity of National University of Ireland, Galway, School of Political Science and Sociology
Aims and objectives
- Changing families, gender relations and family support
- Feminist theory
- Developing safe non-stigmatising support services for children and families
- Fathers and service engagement
- Parental advocacy in child protection
Name: National University of Ireland, Galway, School of Political Science and Sociology
Stakeholder: University; Individual Expert
Area of intervention: Fatherhood/caregiving; Men and gender equality
Organisation Country: United Kingdom
Organisation City: Galway
Room 224, Aras Moyola NUI, Galway
Organisation Phone: 35391492027
Name: Brigid Featherstone
Phone: 44 35391492027
- Ashley C. (ed.) with Roskill C., Fraser C., Featherstone B., Haresnape S., Lindley B. (2011) Working with risky fathers: Fathers Matter volume 3: Research findings on working with domestically abusive fathers and their involvement with children's social care services, London: Family Rights Group
- Featherstone B., Writing fathers in but mothers out!!! , Critical Social Policy May 2010 30: 208-224
- Featherstone B., Hooper C-A., Scourfield J., Taylor J. (2010) (eds.) Gender and Child Welfare in Society, Chichester, Wiley.
- Featherstone B. (2009) Contemporary Fathering: Theory, Policy and Practice, Bristol, Policy Press.
- Roskill C., Featherstone B., Ashley C., Haresnape S. (2008) Fathers Matter 2: Further research findings on fathers and their involvement with social care services, London: Family Rights Group.
- Featherstone B., Peckover S. (2007) 'Letting Men get away with it: Fathers and domestic violence', Critical Social Policy 27 (2), 181-202
- Featherstone B., Rivett M., Scourfield J. (2007) Working with Men in Health and Social Care, London, Sage.