Activity of Faculty of Education, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Aims and objectives
The Faculty has two schools: the School of Primary Education and the School of Early Childhood Education. The School of Primary Education is very active in the promotion of gender equality in general (in the curriculum, research and every day life). Focus is on the exploration of the multiple and complex relationships of gender and education and especially the enactment of gender in educational institutions.
Name: Faculty of Education, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Area of intervention: Men and gender equality
Organisation Country: Greece
Organisation Phone: 302310-991290
Name: Dimitra Kogidou
- Seminars on gender equality, violence prevention, human rights and social exclusion
- Men and masculinities are explored in the context of many subjects of our curriculum
- Gender issues and the theme of the construction of masculinity are often examined in graduate assignments as well as theses and dissertations.
- Development of educational material for the introduction of gender issues in the educational process.
- Conference: "Gender and educational leadership", 17 May 2008.
- Conference: "Child and families", 7 May 2010
- Conference: "Domestic Violence: Prevention and Combating", 25 November 2010.
- Conference: "Concepts of Fatherhood", 13 April 2011
Politis, F. (2006) Οι ανδρικές Ταυτότητες στο Σχολείο (Male identities at schoοl), Thessaloniki: Epikentro