Activity of Miesten Tasa-arvo ['Equality for Men']
Aims and objectives
Founded Dec 2008. MT wants gender equality legislation to be modified so that its objective is clearly and unambiguously stated as the enhancement of gender equality and not the enhancement of women's status. Specific objectives of MT:
- Advancement of gender equality and the removal of direct, indirect and structural gender discrimination
- Solutions to and eradication of men's gender problems
- Collection and analysis of data that concerns the gender problems of men, in order to create proposals for remedial actions.
- Advancement of the goals mentioned above, through active participation in political decision making and public discussions concerning gender equality.
Name: Miesten Tasa-arvo ['Equality for Men']
Stakeholder: Civil society organisation
Area of intervention: Men and gender equality
Organisation Country: Finland
Name: Juuso Erno
Name: Pasi Malmi
- A men's gender political programme (military service, divorce/ custody, education, segregated job market, violent women, law enforcement).
- Recruiting new members to our association by organising events, developing publications, putting out press releases and participating in discussions in the media.
Position papers / declarations on the deficiencies of the current gender equality legislation (2010), delusionary comparisons between men's and women's salary statistics (2010)