Activity of Netværk for forskning om mænd og maskuliniteter (Network for Research on Men and Masculinities) (NEMM)
Aims and objectives
The aim of the Network for research in Men and Masculinities (NeMM) is to raise awareness about men and masculinities. The aim is also to influence political decision-making processes in order to allocate the necessary resources to shed light on and support research into men and masculinities. NeMM is a private, non-commercial association without religious or political ties.
The objectives of NeMM are:
- To create a common platform for research within the area, in order to
- Promote research and increase dialogue between researchers internally and through this to establish a Danish research field in men and masculinities, as well as to:
- Create a network of researchers in Denmark, Nordic countries and
- Strengthen knowledge of the research area among the wider public and through this strengthen awareness of problems related to men and changing masculinities, perceived from the perspective of diversity, gender equality and empowerment
- Organise activities, conferences, afternoon seminars, workshops, etc for members and others.
Name: Netværk for forskning om mænd og maskuliniteter (Network for Research on Men and Masculinities) (NEMM)
Stakeholder: Research Institute
Area of intervention: Men and gender equality
Organisation Country: Denmark
Organisation Zip Code: 4000
Organisation Phone: 4546722786 /+4546722997
Name: Sussi Louise Zimmermann
NeMM provides a forum and platform for production of knowledge, discussion and interaction with the public about topical and historical issues and agendas concerning changing perceptions of men and masculinities. Exploring minority as well as mainstream problems and issues men face, NeMM organises seminars, conferences, study groups and other public events, where students and researchers present their research and findings. NeMM interacts with governmental policy advisors and task groups, as well as contributes to international research organisations in the field. NeMM is in continuous contact with the media and interacts with stakeholders and other interested people via their webpage, Facebook page and email.
- Conference Drenge - det svage køn (Boys - the weak gender), Professionshøjskolen Metropol, Copenhagen, 30 September 2010
- Nordic conference on masculinity, Roskilde University, 28-30 January 2009 (NEMM as co-organiser)
- Seminar on New gender-equal fathers, Copenhagen University, 21 March 2007
- Seminar on Male bodybuilders' use of steroids, Copenhagen University, 28 March 2007
- Seminar on Men's power and disempowerment in 'female professions', Copenhagen University, 18 April 2007
- Seminar on Masculinities in health campaigns, Roskilde University, 17 September 2007
- Seminar on Masculinity, ethnicity and education, Copenhagen University, 28 November 2007
- Seminar on Children and gender in day care institutions, Roskilde University, 28 October 2008
- Seminar on Masculine gender politics on the internet, Roskilde University, 10 December 2008
- Seminar on The relation between testosterone and masculinity, Roskilde University, 26 November 2008
- Seminar on Fatherhood after break-ups, Roskilde University, 11 December 2010
- Seminar on Developments in gender equality debates in newspapers, Roskilde University, 31 August 2010
- Seminar on South African male university students' relationship with love and sex, Roskilde University, 9 February 2011
NeMM does not conduct research as a network, the individual researchers do. NeMM provides a platform for knowledge exchange, public activities such as conferences, seminars etc.