Activity of Nesehnuti (NEzávislé Sociálně Ekologické HNUTÍ)
Aims and objectives
Ecological/human rights organisation. Has a specific programme and website ('Women's Rights are Human Rights') focusing on changing stereotypical notions of the role of women and men in society, and tackling related problems (including sexism in advertising, violence against women, inequality in the labour market). Main aim is to bring information and discussion in professional and academic circles to a wider public.
Name: Nesehnuti (NEzávislé Sociálně Ekologické HNUTÍ)
Stakeholder: Civil society organisation
Area of intervention: Men and gender equality
Organisation Country: Czech Republic
Organisation Zip Code: 602 00
Organisation Phone: 543 245 342
Name: Kristýna Pešáková
- annual competition for the most sexist advertising
- conference on Active Parenting
- lectures (for schools and public)
- themed public events (discussions, film screenings, street stalls)
- travelling photo exhibition ,
- publication and distribution of information materials ,
- special libary section on "feminism and gender studies"
Information Centre for Equal Opportunities for Women and Men provides consulting and guidance to all who are interested in this issue or have directly experienced discrimination in the labour market. Set up as part of the project 'Half and Half - Equal Opportunities for Women and Men' (2005-2008) implemented under the EU Initiative 'Equal', NESEHNUTÍ was was one of the partner organisations in this project and led a campaign to promote active fatherhood and greater participation of men in childcare.
Active Parenting Conferences, with Faculty of Social Studies at Masaryk University, Brno, 2009 and 2010
- Sedláček,L., Pleskotová, K. (2008) Aktini Otcovstvi (Active Fatherhood), Published within Equal II projects, Nesehnuti, Brno, http://www.nesehnuti.cz/publikace/Brozura_AO_na_web.pdf
- Pleskotová K. (2008) Průvodce na cestě k rovnosti žen a mužů (Guide on the Road to Gender Equality) Nesehnuti, Brno