Activity of University of Salzburg
Aims and objectives
- Editor of the journal Men and Masculinities (from 3 / 2009)
- Associate Editor of Yearbook of Women's and Gender Studies in Education (since 2008)
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Journal of Gender, Culture and Society (since 2009)
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Feminist Studies journal (since 2007)
- Member of the Interdisciplinary Expert Council for Gender Studies. Gender Studies with a focus on "masculinity criticism".
Name: University of Salzburg
Area of intervention: Men and gender equality
Organisation Country: Austria
Organisation Zip Code: 5020
Organisation Phone: 43 (0)662 8044 4210
Name: Edgar Forster
- Casale R., Forster E. (Hrsg.) (2011) Mit Geschlecht, ohne Geschlecht, Der Geschlechterwiderspruch in den Theorien des Humankapitals, Jahrbuch für Frauen und Geschlechterforschung in der Erziehungswissenschaft, Bd. 7 (in preparation). (This volume examines various educationally relevant fields such as family, school or early childhood education, the importance of theories of human capital and the contradictions of gender as an emerging concept.)
- Forster, Edgar/Rendtorff, Barbara/Mahs, Claudia (2011): Back to the Boys? Jungenpäda-gogik im Widerstreit. Stuttgart: Kohlhammer (in preparation). (In this volume, current discussions about boys' education, and the papers and results of an international conference will be documented).