Gender budgeting in the EU Funds
We have seen what gender budgeting means and the thinking behind it. We will now look at how gender budgeting in the EU Funds can be a mechanism to:
- comply with the EU’s legal requirements;
- promote accountability and transparency in the planning and management of EU Funds finances by:
- revealing the different potential impacts of spending EU Funds, and activities financed by them, on women and men, including depending on their life stages and economic and social circumstances;
- taking into account these considerations at all stages of the EU Funds;
- increasing women’s and men’s participation in budget processes;
- advancing gender equality for women and men in all their diversity, and specifically advancing women’s rights, by – among other means – reviewing finance decisions to ensure that they contribute to advancing gender equality, rather than reinforcing existing inequalities.