Awareness campaign "Stop Domestic violence against women"
Following activities were carried out:
• A domestic violence poster was distributed with the help of the Council of Europe Slovenia Information Office;
• The priority theme of the Office for Equal Opportunities for the 2007 public tender for co-financing non-governmental organizations (NGO) projects was 'violence against women';
• In May 2007, the Office for Equal Opportunities organized a round table where representatives of NGOs, police, Social Work Centres, Ministry for Family, Labour and Social Affairs, and Education discussed the coordinated approach and the legislation gaps;
• The Office for Equal Opportunities also co-financed a special supplement to a daily newspaper on violence against women entitled "Violence! What can I do?" that was also distributed to police, schools, Social Work Centres, and other professionals;
• prepared several press releases on domestic violence against women.
• distributed a leaflet entitled "Stop violence against women" with the help of the Nurses and Midwives Association of Slovenia (also published in the Association's monthly magazine called Utrip);
• T-shirts "Stop violence against women" were distributed to parliamentarians, ministers, police, NGOs, and the general public;
Aims and objectives
The objective of the campaign was to deliver messages to the general public and to members of national assemblies on domestic violence
Office for Equal Opportunities
Nuts code: SI0