Re-Αctions against Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) - Actions for women-victims"
Αντι-Δράσεις κατά της Βίας μεταξύ Ερωτικών Συντρόφων (ΒΕΣ) - Δράσεις υπέρ γυναικών-θυμάτων
Α. Provistion of Information and Support to women victims of IPV
1. Development of a Guide to "Escape" from a violent relationship; the guide will provide information to the victim as well as to someone close to her about what she can do, where to turn for help, what are the available services and the legal framework in Greece (expected on Nov 2012).
2. Operation of an Information Centre for issues of IPV addressed to women-victims of IPV and to health and social care professionals who are providing services to women-victims of IPV (expected to start on Nov 2012)
Β. Training/Capacity building of Health and Social Care professionals
1. Development of the educational material and tools for professionals for screening, assessment of dangerousness, documentation and referal and generally handling cases of IPV
2. Development of evaluation tools
3. Pilot (in situ) training of 10 professionals aiming to evaluate the developed material
4. Pilot (from distance) training of 10 professionals and evaluation of the material and the process of the distance learning process
5. Distance training of 120 professionals
6. Modification of the material on the basis of the evaluation results
Aims and objectives
Aim: to contribute to primary, secondary and tertiary prevention of IPV via direct and indirect provision of information to women victims of IPV.
- provision of information and support to women victims of IPV
- training of Health and Social Care Professionals
Co-funded by the European Social Fund in the framework of the category of action 3.2.4: “Support to Women’s Organisations and Non-Governmental Organisations” of the NSRF 2007-2013, OP Public Administration Reform (Implementation Body: General Secretariat for Gender Equality).
Results and impact
Not available yet because the project is still at initial stage (just started)
European Anti-Violence Network (EAVN)
Stakeholder, Firstname: Kiki
Stakeholder, Family name: Petroulaki
Duration: distance learning
Nr of beneficiaries: 140 professionals
Nuts code: EL