Digital Conference on Gender Equality in European Culture as part of the German EU Council Presidency
A warm welcome
to the Digital Conference on Gender Equality in European Culture
as part of the German EU Council Presidency
by the German Cultural Council
This conference will use the conclusions of the German EU Council Presidency "gender equality in the field of culture" to continue discussing the topic within the European professional public. Particularly, individuals will be included in panels and workshops who work towards implementing measures for greater gender equality in European cultural and civic institutions. The conference aims to reflect a broad spectrum of initiatives, networks and projects from EU Member States across various artistic genres.
In the panels & workshop, there will be, amongst others:
• Graça Fonseca, Minister of Culture, Portugal
• Prof. Monika Grütters Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media
• Adrienn Király, Head of Cabinet to Ms Mariya Gabriel, Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Education, Culture and Youth
• Silke Lalvani, Head of Public Affairs, Pearle – Live Performance Europe, Brüssel
• Renate Punka, Janis Roze Publishers Lettland
• Anna Serner, CEO of the Swedish Film Institute
• Prof. Helmut Anheier, PhD, past President Hertie School of Governance;
• Carlien Scheele, Director of the European Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE)
• Teja Reba, City of Women Slovenia
• Prof. Dr. Susanne Keuchel, President of the German Arts Council
The conference platform is open to the public here –
including program & background information on best-practice, networks and initiatives within Europe.
You can view the conference via livestream on Tuesday, 8th December 2020 from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm.
The conference is primarily in German with English subtitles – or vice versa.
You are more than welcome to forward this invitation to other interested parties!
Best wishes, Cornelie Kunkat
German Cultural Council
Project office for Women in Culture and Media.