HSE Policy on Domestic, Sexual and Gender-based Violence
The policy focuses on a strengths-based approach to addressing domestic violence and/or sexual violence
and is about delivering on 8 key high-level goals and actions:
1. To ensure that a comprehensive and appropriate Health Service response is delivered at all points of entry to the Health Service Executive.
2. To promote primary prevention of violence and invest in early intervention.
3. To provide best practice in all service provision to victims of Domestic Violence and/or Sexual Violence
4. To support Multi sectoral approaches.
5. To ensure the safeguarding of children in situations of Domestic Violence and/or Sexual Violence.
6. To ensure data collection as a basis for driving high quality and more relevant service development.
7. To monitor and evaluate service provision.
8. To ensure Consumer involvement.
Aims and objectives
To implement an integrated and co-ordinated health sector response to Domestic Violence and/or Sexual Violence in order to:
Prevent Domestic Violence and/or Sexual Violence.
Ensure that all families experiencing or at risk of experiencing Domestic Violence and/or Sexual Violence will receive a continuum of supports from health and community service providers who will understand the issue and who will recognise and respond to the impact this type of violence has on health.
Health Service Executive
Nuts code: IE0