Awareness raising campaign (TV & Radio spots, culture and art activities and informational events) “You are not the only one. You are not alone!” "Δεν είσαι μόνη! Δεν είσαι η μόνη!"
1. “Last time…” (www.isotita.gr/var/uploads/PUBLICATIONS/video/TVC_VIA_11_3_2011.wmv), aiming to motivate female victims of domestic violence to break the silence and provide information about the National SOS Helpline
2. “This is where (she) was hit …” (www.isotita.gr/index.php/publication/1273), aiming to:
- to provide information about the National SOS Helpline,
- to raise awareness on domestic violence, rape, sexual harassment in the workplace, trafficking and
- to motivate victims to break the silence
“Don’t tolerate…” (www.isotita.gr/index.php/publication/1285), aiming to motivate female victims of domestic violence to break the silence and provide information about the National SOS Helpline
Information Days and Conferences
• Information Day on Violence against Women – Biennale (Thessaloniki, 31.10.2011) and live Webcast of the event (with about 450 participants and viewers)
• Conference Violence against Women: Counseling Methodology (Athens, 30.09.2011). About 300-350 professionals attended.
Awareness raising activities via culture and art
• 1st Film Festival about Violence against Women: The 7th Art is not closing the eyes to Violence against Women. Neither do we. (Athens, 25 - 28.11.2011). Sixteen movies on VAW were presented, 1200-1300 people attended.
• Two large murals in two walls (Thessaloniki), one with the SOS Helpline logo and number and one that symbolises VAW (they will remain for 3 years).
Aims and objectives
Material using the Media and the art and culture as a means to:
1. Promote a zero-tolerance attitude towards VAWG
2. Create a sense of security for women in order to encourage them “to speak"
3. Raise awareness on VAW, and especially on the forms of domestic violence, rape, sexual harassment in the workplace, trafficking
4. Provide information in regards to the available recourses for an abused woman (services provided by the GSGE)
5. Develop or enhance partnerships with agencies, motivating them to act as multipliers of the campaign’s material
Results and impact
No evaluation was conducted
Ministry of Interior, General Secretariat for Gender Equality (GSGE), Directorate of Labour Relations & Social Policy
Stakeholder, Firstname: Theodora, Georgia
Stakeholder, Family name: Katsivardakou, Papageorgiou
Nuts code: EL