Housing program and counselling centre (including helpline)
Main activities are:
• Counselling services for women: free counselling, legal and psychological help; free legal representation, especially for vulnerable groups (e.g. single mothers, family violence victims, elderly women); SOS help line for women and children victims of violence (operating every working day 14.00-20.00)
• Safe accommodation and protection through secret shelter for women and children victims of violence. Victims are provided with free accommodation, psychological and legal counselling and support as well as with assistance in education or employment. Accommodation can be arranged through personal request, SOS phone line or assistance of the centre for social welfare or police department.
• Educational activities (workshops, lectures…) related to different issues (e. g. family violence, gender equality, prevention of human trafficking, economic empowerment of women…)
More information: http://www.grupakorak.hr/include/doc/65/Program.pdf
Aims and objectives
• to raise public awareness and sensibility on women`s and children’s rights and promotion of their rights improvement of women’s position in society
• empowerment of women for active participation in society
• information and education on violence
• prevention of domestic violence
• direct assistance for the women and children victims of domestic violence
Results and impact
The capacity of the shelter is 15-20 persons.
Services are free of charge what allows easy access for the victims.
KORAK - ŽENSKA GRUPA KARLOVAC (Step - Women’s group Karlovac)