Setting the Scene: EU and Gender Equality in the time of Recovery
The Conference of Peripheral Maritime Regions (CPMR) is organising a webinar to improve gender equality in times of recovery from disaster.
The CPMR is a network of more than 150 regional authorities from 24 EU Member States and beyond, acting as a forum of regions and lobby towards the EU institutions. In 2020, the regions raised interest in working together on Gender Equality, which led to the creation of the CPMR Gender Task Force piloted by the Basque Country, aiming at reflecting on the contribution regions could have in the discussions and actions for Gender Equality, in particular at the EU level.
- Nick Brookes, CPMR Executive Director
- Izaskun Landaida, Director of Emakunde the Basque Institute for Women
- Helena Dalli, EU Commissioner for Equality
- Eva Gerhards, Deputy Head for the cabinet of Commissioner Dalli
- Concepción Andreu Rodríguez, President of the Regional Government of La Rioja
- Céline Gauer, Director General of the Recovery and Resilience Task Force of the European Commission
- Sirpa Pietikäinen, Member of the European Parliament and the FEMM Committee
- Helena Morais Maceira, Gender Mainstreaming Researcher at the European Institute for Gender Equality
More info at cpmr.org | @CPMR_Europe | firstname.lastname@example.org