EIGE attends the Employment, Social Policy, Health and Consumer Affairs Council (EPSCO)
In the context of Finland’s Presidency of the Council of the European Union, the Employment, Social Policy, Health and Consumer Affairs Council (EPSCO) will be held in Brussels on December 09 - 10, 2019.
The event will begin in the morning of December 9, when the Council will hold the public debate entitled "Economy of Wellbeing - next steps in investing in health as its key component" as a follow up to the adopted conclusions on the economy of wellbeing from 24 October 2019. Here, ministers will discuss the topic with a focus on the areas of
- mental health,
- healthy ageing
- the relation of wellbeing and the digital society.
The Council will then hold a second public debate on improving access to medicines. Ministers will discuss
- the challenges of the European pharmaceutical system
- possible measures to propose as input to the new Commission in this field.
On December 10, the Council is expected to adopt conclusions on:
- Inclusive labour markets,
- new EU strategic framework on health and safety at work
- gender-equal economies in the EU, where EIGE will present results from its review after the first 25 years of implementation of the Beijing Platform for Action
Furthermore, ministers will hold a public debate on the future of gender equality and gender mainstreaming in the EU.
Please find full EIGE's presentations enclosed and available for download in the Resources tab.