Annual EIGE – Civil Society consultation meeting
Building on our success over the last few years, the annual EIGE – Civil Society consultation meeting will bring together representatives of different civil society organisations in the EU. Representatives of the European Women’s Lobby, Social Platform, Men Engage Europe Network and European Economic and Social Committee are invited to join the event.
In order to share as much information as possible and to provide opportunities for discussion, we have structured the meeting over two days.
- On the first day we propose plenary session discussions, as well as separate project laboratories focusing on a wide range of topics of joint interest.
- The second day of the meeting is dedicated to bilateral discussions, through which we aim to agree on annual cooperation plans for 2019.
In 2019, EIGE will conduct a study to review the implementation of the Beijing Platform for Action (BPfA) - Beijing +25. EIGE will assess the implementation of the 12 critical areas of the BPfA in the context of EU policy priorities and targets since Beijing +20 took place, and provide recommendations for further action to promote gender equality in the EU. We are glad to share the first insights of the findings of the study and to discuss with possible ways forward, including ways of communicating the results once they are officially launched during Finnish Presidency of the EU.
Among the topics proposed by EIGE are the following: the gender pay gap, gender budgeting, gender stakeholder consultation, femicide, community policing, the upcoming European Parliament elections, shrinking space for civil society, and diversity and intersectionality.
- Participation is by invitation only.
- Agenda and presentations will be made available at a later stage.
- Fill in the evaluation form of the event here.